Utility Pole Kills Bear By Electrical Shock
Colorado Parks and Wildlife Officials reported a bear climbing a utility pole in northwest Colorado was electrocuted by powerlines that had touched.
According to Jack Taylor, a Colorado Parks and Wildlife Officer said, "a resident said that they had seen the bear get spooked by a car and then take off across the county road into the field and ran up the pole southwest of Steamboat Springs."
Taylor reported that the bear will be donated if it's salvageable if not, it will be taken to a forest for wildlife to eat.
Poor bear, but it does happen.
Last year parks and wildlife received two reports on bears that had been electrocuted the same as this little guy, claimed Jack Taylor.
I'm actually surprised that it doesn't occur more often. Utility Poles look just like trees, especially in rural areas.