Fruita Chamber Announces Response to COVID-19
The Fruita Chamber of Commerce has announced its response to COVID-19.
For starters, the Chamber office is closed to the public effective immediately, however, the staff is still working and can be reached by phone 970-858-3894 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the safety of the public, some upcoming events have been canceled including Women in Business, Business After Hours, and the weekly Networking Lunches will not be held until further notice.
The chamber will host its first Virtual Business Toolbox on March 25, covering how to utilize social media to your advantage and evolve your content strategy. The chamber will also be delivering a live video update from Fruita Mayor Joel Kincaid at 9:00am on March 27 via Facebook Live. Both events can be accessed through the Fruita Chamber Facebook page.
A new Facebook group has been launched called Grand Valley Business Support. The site is designed to help the business community support each other and share information and resources in real-time.
The Fruita Chamber is also conducting a survey to determine how local businesses have been impacted by COVID-19. The survey can be found on the Fruita Chamber website along with a number of resources for small businesses.
The chamber has also offered the following recommendations for local businesses.
* Prepare a clear communications plan including staff notifications and alerts.
* Reduce the risk of the spread of viruses by developing flexible leave plans, emphasizing healthy habits such as covering coughs and sneezes, encouraging hand washing, increasing workplace cleaning, and discontinuing unnecessary out-of-office travel.
* Understand resources may be in short supply due to supply chain impacts and travel guidelines.
* Encourage sick employees to stay home.
* Make sure your online information regarding business operations is up to date
Looking for Info About the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Colorado’s COVID-19 Hotline
CO-HELP is Colorado’s call line for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). People who have general questions about COVID-19 can call CO HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911, for answers in many languages, or email them at COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English.