Did You Know Colorado Has a ‘Pro’ Indoor Lacrosse Team?
Lacrosse is becoming one of the fastest-growing sports in the states. Colorado is home to a National Lacrosse League team, the Colorado Mammoth.
The Colorado Mammouth are considered a box lacrosse team, which means they typically play indoors. They play their games at the Pepsi Center in Denver.
The team is owned by Stan Kroenke who owns the Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets, and the Major League Soccer team, the Colorado Rapids.
The team started as the Baltimore Thunder from 1987 to 1999. They then moved to Pittsburgh in 2000, then to Washington in 2001 before moving to Colorado in 2003. The team has only missed going to the playoffs once --in 2010-- since moving to Colorado.
Up until 2017, the Colorado Mammoth was the only team in the division not from Canada.
In 2006, the team won the championship, beating the Buffalo Bandits in Buffalo.
If you're a fan of lacrosse, here is the Colorado Mammoth's home schedule:
- Friday, November 29 @ 7:30 p.m. | Teddy Bear Toss Theme Night
- Saturday, January 4 @ 7:30 p.m. | Rumble at the Loud House Theme Night
- Saturday, January 25 @ 7:30 p.m. | Beach Party Theme Night Theme Night
- Saturday, February 15 @ 7:30 p.m. | Valentine’s Day Theme Night
- Saturday, February 29 @ 7:30 p.m. | Military Appreciation Theme Night
- Sunday, March 8 @ 5:00 p.m. | Sunday Funday Theme Night
- Friday, March 20 @ 7:30 p.m. | Lacrosse Out Cancer Theme Night
- Saturday, April 4 @ 7:30 p.m. | 90s Night Theme Night
- Friday, April 17 @ 7:30 p.m. | Citizens of the Loud House Theme Night