10 Colorado Cities on FBI Most Dangerous List
We all know that crime happens everywhere but if we can avoid the areas with the highest crime rate that is always a good thing. It really is a blessing living in Colorado with so much to do and looking outside we live in a beautiful area. But as you know there has been an increase in population over the past few years which is also going to increase crime rates.
Our friends at onlyinyourstate.com just came out with details about FBI statistics that identify the 10 most dangerous cities in Colorado for 2020. Here is the top 10 list:
- Glendale - a small suburb of Denver with less than 6,000 people has an alarming crime rate. To come in at #1 on the list, I would try to avoid this area. There were over 838 property crimes in 2018 alone.
- Sheridan - another smaller community just southwest of Denver with way too many burglaries and thefts.
- Pueblo - there were 1,110 violent crimes and 6,231 property crimes in 2018. With a larger population of over 111,700 people these numbers are still very high.
- Alamosa - most crime in the southern Colorado town include violent crimes and lots of property crimes. With a population of only 10,000 these are alarming numbers.
- Federal Heights - another suburb of Denver made the list with a population of almost 13,000 with 86 violent crimes taking place in 2018. Also sticking out to me was the 116 motor vehicle thefts that took place.
- Greenwood Village - located southeast of Denver is known as an up-and-coming area with a population just shy of 16,000. But in 2018 they experienced 94 violent crimes and 581 larceny thefts.
- Canon City - most people automatically think about the Royal Gorge in this area but they do have a lot of crime. In 2018 there were 20 rapes, 67 aggravated assaults, and 96 burglaries.
- Denver - you knew that Denver had to be on here somewhere. With over 720,700 residents in 2018 alone they dealt with 65 murders, 1,211 robberies, and 5,275 motor vehicle thefts.
- La Junta - about 60 miles east of Pueblo in this charming area they are dealing with lots of crime. Reports show for the almost 7,000 residents they dealt with 34 violent crimes and 328 property crimes.
- Trinidad - on the Colorado/New Mexico border with a population of just shy of 8,000 residents there is plenty of crime. 73 burglaries, 247 larceny thefts, and 20 motor vehicle thefts.
Are you surprised by any city on this list or were you expecting one to be on here that wasn't?