FREE: Colorado National Parks Won’t Cost You a Dime On These Days
On three different days this year, you can visit any national park for free. So pack your bags, hit the road, and explore all that our national parks have to offer.
Heads Up Nature Lovers
THESE DAYS WILL NOT COST YOU A DIME
- August 4th: Anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- September 23rd: National Public Lands Day
- November 11th: Veterans' Day
If you're planning a trip to a national park this year, be sure to check the park's website for the latest info on conditions, fees, and ranger-led activities.
You can also find out about the Every Kid in a Park Pass, which gives fourth graders and their families free entrance to all national parks and federal recreation areas for a full year. To get a pass, fourth graders just need to complete an online activity and print it out.
LOCATIONS FOR ALL OF COLORADO'S NATIONAL PARKS
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
SOME TIPS BEFORE YOU GO ON THESE FREE DAYS
Here are some tips for planning your free national park visit:
- Start planning early. The most popular parks can get crowded, so it's a good idea to book your campsite or hotel in advance.
- Be prepared for the weather. National parks can have a variety of climates, so be sure to pack accordingly.
- Bring snacks and water. Food and drinks can be expensive in national parks, so it's a good idea to bring your own.
- Take your time. National parks are full of amazing things to see and do, so don't rush.