Christmas in Colorado 2021: Denver’s Dazzling ‘Mile High Tree’
There'll be so many Christmas/Holiday light displays across the Front Range, including Denver's giant Christmas tree. It's not really a mile high, though.
The Mile High City's plan for the holidays includes putting up that big tree that puts on a show every 15 minute (during showtime hours) to delight visitors for free.
ABOUT THE MILE HIGH TREE
- It's 110 feet tall (high.)
- It's 5,170 feet short of being a mile high (tall.)
- It's about 40-feet wide at its base.
- 60,000 LED lights bring the tree to life.
- Its on the 16th Street Mall at 16th and Welton.
- Showtimes run every night 5 p.m. until 10 p.m.
- The shows are 5 minutes long, in 15-minute intervals.
- Dates: November 19, 2021 thru Jan 1, 2022.
The Mile High Tree is noted as being the tallest digital Christmas Tree in all of North America. I'd love to see that list to see what items make up the top 5. The tree is Spanish, having been created by a company based out of Spain, with the light design crafted by a company in Madrid.
The 16th Street Mall is the perfect location for the tree, with so many things to do in that area, especially during the holidays. You could keep your visit having a Spanish flair by hitting up the Rio Grande, for example; be sure to have a Modelo while you're there, they're sponsoring the tree. I might be found at Rock Bottom Brewery, they have my favorite beer there.
The holiday season of 2021 will be bring many more smiles than 2020, along with more adventures, be sure to make the Mile High Tree one of them.
Get more on the tree from Denver.org