Congratulations to September’s Teacher of the Month
This morning's assembly at Grand Junction's Dos Rios Elementary included a very special presentation. Please help us in congratulating Village Inn's September 2018 Teacher of the Month, Shannon Howard.
The crew from Townsquare Media, including Jack Taylor, Spring Fall, and yours truly, made our way out to Orchard Mesa early this morning to surprise the faculty and students at Dos Rios Elementary.
In this particular case, the teacher of the month, Shannon Howard, had no idea she had won. This came as a complete surprise to everyone.
First things first - we were totally in awe of the manners and etiquette displayed by the young students at Dos Rios. Students held the doors for one another, kindly greeted their teachers and visitors, and sat attentively during the presentation.
Each month, the crew at Townsquare Media awards a District 51 teacher with a prize package. The winner is determined by nominations submitted throughout the month. The top nominees are then put to a vote. The teacher with the most votes wins. As you can see, deciding the nominees and winners is entirely up to you.
What did Ms. Howard win? -
- $50 gift card to Village Inn
- $50 Visa gift card courtesy of Farmers Insurance - the Josh DeWitt Agency
- $20 Starbucks gift card and an insulated tumbler from Carville's Automart
- A one-hour massage from Rimrock Wellness
- Fresh fruit bouquet from Willy's Wild Carvings (Willy really outdid himself on this one)
- Skating party for 30 people at Spin City
- Pizza party at the Garlic Knot
- $50 Visa gift card from Brigette Targett with Targett and Associations Insurance Solutions
- Teacher of the Month plaque from Impact Promotional Products
Wow! Congrats again, Ms. Howard. We hope you enjoy your prizes.
There you go, the first Teacher of the Month winner for the 2018-2019 school year. The next round of the Teacher of the Month contest is underway now. Nominate your favorite District 51 teacher.